New Horizon is
a group of people
desperate for more of God.
Come see what we mean.
What is New Horizon?
New Horizon is a diverse group of people from across the south Puget Sound region who are not satisfied with only a little Heaven on earth. We want more. More of God, more of Love, more of Jesus. We want more transformation in our community. We want to see the Lord’s prayer come to pass, for His Kingdom to come and His Will to be done on earth as it is in Heaven.
We come from Graham, Des Moines, Auburn, Tacoma, Puyallup, Federal Way and the Peninsula as well as Milton and Fife. We’re non-denominational, and we’re open to all. We’re also a little different. We don’t want just awesome worship or just an impactful message. We want both. Because of this we blend Spirit-saturated, soul-stirring worship with a deep, meaningful message that you can really sink your teeth into. Are we everyone’s cup of tea? No. And that’s okay. We’re just one part of the body of Christ, and there are plenty of others who will fit those other people’s pallets. But we know God made us this way, and we like it. We think you will, too.
We believe prayer can change the world. We know that we can make a difference both in our community and in the nations. And we are convinced that the love of Jesus can restore even the most broken life. No one is beyond the restoring work of Christ.
New Horizon’s DNA
What do we at New Horizon believe? How do we fit within historical mainline Christianity, and what makes us a unique part of the body of Christ? Let’s take a look.
We believe that:
- The Bible is God’s supreme message of love and relationship to mankind. When you ask God to open the eyes of your heart you can begin to see the message of love and hope within its pages. Ephesians 1:15-22
- God is revealed and understood as the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. The Son took on flesh and blood as a man, so that through His humanity he could redeem us from sin and the power of Satan. The ascended Son, now victorious over sin and death, has sent the Holy Spirit to represent His ministry to our hearts and the world. Philippians 2:5-11
- We were alienated from God through sin and the sinful nature, but are now reconciled to God through our representative Jesus Christ. Jesus is the sin solution. He took the penalty for our sin on the cross and therefore gives us access to the Father. 2 Corinthians 5:21, Romans 5
- To be saved is to enter a new life and become a new creation through God’s free gift of grace that He offers. We can’t work our way to God. We can’t buy our way to God. All we do falls short. We simply believe what Jesus has done for us and receive our new life by faith. Ephesians 2:6-8
- Water baptism is a seal to our new life in Christ. We put the old nature to death in burial and embrace a resurrection into the victory of Jesus through water baptism. Romans 6:4-8
- God gives every Christian special gifts for living and serving. It is a privilege to employ our gifts to build one another up. Therefore, the ministry of restoring one another is the privilege of all church members, not select paid “ministers.” We encourage every believer to walk out their high calling of restoring people. 1 Peter 4:10-11, Galatians 6:1
- Prayer and renewing the way we think (and see things) is a natural part of growing up in the new creation life. Spiritual growth is not earning relationship: it’s learning who we’ve become as children of God. The Holy Spirit longs to develop us into the likeness of Jesus, until we are fully mature. Ephesians 4:11-15, Romans 12:1-2
- Mankind has an active enemy who seeks to harm, deceive and derail us from a victorious destiny, but we are ordained to subdue our enemy and walk in victory over Satan and the curse. 1 Peter 5:8-10, James 4:7,8, Luke 10:17-20, John 10:10
- Physical provision, healing, health of the body, soundness of mind and soundess of emotions are the will God for each of His children. 3 John 2, Galatians 3:12-14, Genesis 12:1-2, Psalm 1:1-2, 1 Peter 2:24, 2 Corinthians 1:20
- Christ is returning to the earth at the end of this age with all the translated believers who have gone on before us. We completely embrace Paul’s explanation of an actual physical second coming, wherein living believers will experience a type of “rapture” to meet Christ. However, Jesus said, to “occupy until I come.” Occupy is a military word that speaks of “occupation” as a result of “dominion.” Therefore, as we see it, an overemphasis on getting off the earth can cause a diversion from our mission to subdue the enemy and bring the Kingdom of God to the earth. Our main business is not to get out of the world, but to bring God to the world. Jesus said to pray, “Thy Kingdom come on earth.” This is our prayer as well. 1 Thessalonians 4:13-17, Matthew 6:9-11
- The victory of Jesus is progressively becoming a reality as evil is rejected and resisted. This will continue in a greater way until Jesus comes back. Heaven is coming on earth. Hebrews 1:13, 1 Corinthians 15:24-28, Matthew 13:31-33, Isaiah 9:6-7, Daniel 7:13-14
- Miracles and the supernatural gifts of God’s Spirit are for us to experience today. Believers have a destiny that includes the power of God invading the present temporal realm with blessings out of heaven’s realm. 1 Thessalonians 5:20, 1 Corinthians 14:39-40, Acts 2:17-18, Luke 17:10-11
- Christians are called and empowered to make an impact in our present world; seasoning culture with the goodness, the wisdom and the grace of Heaven. To be called to one of these mountains of culture is as important as being called to vocational ministry. Father rejoices over you cultivating your influence with Him as your partner. The cultural mountains of influence include government, religion, education, entertainment, business, media and family. Matthew 6:9-11, Matthew 5:13-14, Isaiah 60, Isaiah 61, I Peter 2:9
- The Lord’s Supper commemorates the covenant we have with God through Jesus Christ. The cup of the vine represents the blood that Jesus shed in order to make a covenant with Father on our behalf, while the bread represents His broken body that received the penalty we deserved. Isaiah 53, 1 Corinthians 11:23-31
- God is restoring people from every race and people group. God wants all to flourish and has made a way through Jesus. Revelation 5:9 Galatians 3:27-29
- God often announces treasure over us, destiny and goodness through others as they see or perceive what the Holy Spirit might reveal. Goodness is our destiny because of Jesus has done to qualify us. When we are given these prophetic insights to share, we are used of God to build up another person. 1 Corinthians 14:3, Revelation 19:10, Jeremiah 29:11
Affiliations and Structure
While we are non-denominational, New Horizon has several affiliations:
- We are under the apostolic umbrella of HIM (or Harvest International Ministries), which was established by Dr. Che Ahn, the founding pastor of Hrock Church and International Chancellor for the Wagner Leadership Institute. You can learn more about HIM at HarvestIM.org.
- We are also affiliated with Bethel Church in Redding, California through Pastor Bill Johnson’s apostolic network, Global Legacy. You can learn more about Global Legacy at GlobalLegacy.org.
New Horizon is led by an eldership team who serve with the founding pastor to set and affirm the vision and direction of the church.